Dear Live Oak Families,
Welcome to the 2015-16 school year! We hope everyone had a great summer! It is going to be an exciting and fun-filled year at Live Oak!
Over the years, parent contributions to the Live Oak Education Fund ("Ed Fund") have supported our school in many ways. The Ed Fund was formed to provide programs, equipment, and services which are not funded by the school district or State and would otherwise not be included in the school curriculum, including:
- Staff: art and music teachers, librarian, computer support, assistant teacher (or "paras") inevery class;
- Technology: Computers, iPads, iPod touches, interactive whiteboards, and software;
- Programs: Science and math enrichment, Soul Shoppe, Walk through California/Revolution, Mission to Mars; and
- Supplies: Science lab, music and art supplies, library and classroom books.
In addition to these services and programs, your tax-deductible donation to Ed Fund will be used in new ways for this upcoming year.
For 2015-16, Ed Fund will also fund:
- All Field Trips (excluding the 5th grade picnic and Camp Arroyo outdoor education);
- All Classroom Supplies your child will need for the school year;
- Technology Refresh (5-year refresh plan); and
- Expanded S.T.E.A.M. offerings (more enrichment opportunities for all students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics).
...However, to make all this happen we need your support.Here's how you can help:
- Donate to Ed Fund at Registration - Nearly 85% of Ed Fund's spending budget comes from donations received at Registration. We cannot fund all of the programs we do without continued support. Click HERE to donate.
- Enroll in Corporate Match - Many companies are running corporate match campaigns right now! Check with your company's HR or email Alicia Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
- Shop using AmazonSmile - Click HERE and sign in with your Amazon account. Amazon will donate 0.5% to Live Oak Education Fund whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- Volunteer to help at Registration - Volunteer to help on August 18 or 20 at Registration. Sign-up HERE.
- Volunteer to help with Auction/Gala - We also need parents to join our Gala committee (tasks include: coordinating donations, finalizing the theme, obtaining sponsors, etc.) and attend the March 5th gala. For info, contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing everyone back at school. Thank you for your continued support of Live Oak Elementary! For more information about what Ed Fund supports at Live Oak, please visit theLOEF Website.
President, Live Oak Education Fund